Food Working Group
- 1) Spread Kyushu agriculture, forestry, fishery and processed food to the world as added values
- 2) Realize related companies’ further revenue growth and sales channel expansion
- 3) Create new market by Kyushu food businesses’ expansion to other areas
- 4) Aim for synergistic effects by cooperating with food related themes such as sightseeing and city development
2021 Business PlanBased on the 4th (FY 2020 – FY 2022) FDC new regional strategy (draft), we will create food-related business opportunities, centered on Food EXPO Kyushu. In addition, we will establish a new business logistics platform to realize development of the Kyushu food industry both inside and outside the area, and revitalize the economy of Kyushu.
Food EXPO Kyushu 2021 (details still to be determined)
- (1) Food EXPO Kyushu Business
- - Join Food EXPO Kyushu as a member of the executive committee
- - Engage in discussions on how to organize the event in response to changes in the operating environment and how to provide support for those setting up booths, from the perspective of one of the host organizations
- - As FDC, participate in demonstration experiments on business that will lead to the reinforcement of cooperation between related organizations and the region, the expansion of business opportunities for Fukuoka and the rest of Kyushu as a whole, and the expansion of sales channels
- - Plan to organize food business fairs both domestically and internationally in October 2021
- - Decide an organizing policy and details after discussion at the executive committee based on the summary of the FY 2020 business
- - Proposals from the steering committee: organizing domestic and international food business fairs in a “hybrid” manner, using the “year-round business matching” function of the website, and reinforcing the test marketing business
Demonstration business for a cross-border electronic commerce and logistics platform (expansion of overseas sales channels)
- Regarding the cross-border electronic commerce platform prototype (prepared in FY 2020), we will make “partial trials” of its structural elements several times, find partners both home and abroad, and conduct a feasibility study. Based on a mid-term perspective, we will also research the feasibility of ensuring traceability through the use of blockchain technology and introducing smart technology for trade administration and fund settlement.
- - Target markets: China and Taiwan (provisional)
- - Partners: Cooperate with Kyushu Agricultural and Marine Products Co., Ltd., in Japan and Canton Private Investment Co., Ltd. (ICAP) overseas
- - Sales and business talks: Use a list of those setting up booths at Food EXPO Kyushu and related networks. Also, hold an EC buyer business fair as part of Food EXPO Kyushu. Consider local test marketing through local partners.
Establish a supply chain in the area (to revitalize logistics in the area)
- Examine the feasibility of establishing a system for generating new sales channels and realizing regional development through a trial implementation of the prototype of the Kyushu food business development platform, prepared in FY 2020 in cooperation with the NEXCO-West Group and others.
- - Target SAs: SAs located near Fukuoka (candidates: Koga, Kinryu, Yamada, and Hirokawa)
- - Efforts: Establish a cooperative system with associations of commerce and industry, Chambers of Commerce, local governments, etc. in areas with the target SAs. Encourage such organizations to set up booths as a group at Food EXPO Kyushu and strive to ensure cooperation in providing the following support:
- 〇Ensure producers striving to expand sales channels in and outside the Fukuoka metropolitan area
- 〇Conduct test marketing at nearby SAs and refine the relevant products
- 〇Participate in Food EXPO Kyushu as a group and engage in business talks with domestic buyers (including SA buyers)
- 〇Sell products on consignment both at the relevant SAs and other SAs (or begin transactions)
- - Support for SA restaurants and food trucks to develop original recipes
- - Explore the establishment of systems related to provision and regional markets