Smart city Working Group
- 1) Enhancement of the function of Fukuoka Smart City concept
- 2) Strengthening the activities (such as pilot experiments) for project composition
- 3) Information transmission of Fukuoka Smart City concept
2021 Business plan
- Redefine specific measures to be taken by the Smart City Working Group
- - Outcomes required by the region (i.e., members of the industry-government-academia-citizen sectors of the Fukuoka metropolitan area)
- - Outcomes required in the Post-Coronavirus Era
- - Cross-sectional activities and outcomes
- - Specific development of the Fukuoka version of a smart city plan
- Activities by subcommittees regarding, for example, an ideal vision of a cooperative framework for using data
- 〇Establish a subcommittee regarding a new, cooperative framework for using data and a subcommittee regarding solutions
- - Ensure cooperation between the framework and solution subcommittees
- - Generate and develop priority solutions
- 〇Plan and implement societal (demonstration) experiments
- 〇Acquire competitive funds
Plan and Research
- Preparation of a smart city plan from the perspectives of the Post-Coronavirus Era, regional challenges, regional strategies, etc.
- 〇Prepare the Fukuoka version of a smart city plan
- 〇Research use cases and various policies, such as smart city plans
- 〇Organize seminars for members
Cooperation, PR and support for members
- Cooperation in terms of the Fukuoka metropolitan area’s challenges, development areas, etc.
- 〇Cooperate with specific development areas (including cooperation with other Working Groups)
- 〇Establish a network with entities outside the area
- 〇Provide support for consortiums and business launches
Fukuoka Version of a Smart CityAs a hub in cutting-edge, growing industries and priority industries whose players transfer their expertise, services, information, etc., the Fukuoka version of a smart city boasts an excellent transportation network connecting the main cities in Asia, enabling the city to play a central role in East-Asian global business. The city is characterized as follows:
- Attracting many people not only from Japan but also from the rest of Asia, and ultimately from around the world, due to its wide variety of historical and cultural assets, the global city welcomes many visitors, while providing a comfortable working and living environment for residents regardless of their nationalities.
- The city extensively provides people living in the Fukuoka metropolitan area with an excellent educational, medical, living, and transportation environment, enabling them to enjoy safe, healthy, and culturally-rich lives.
- Through efforts related to the transportation network, environment, and energy in the Fukuoka metropolitan area, the city achieves a harmony between excellent urban functions with high-level safety and convenience and the area’s abundant nature, and serves as a model for the rest of Japan and East Asia.