[Press Release] Establishment of “FDC Launch Program (FLaP)”
Fukuoka Directive Council has established “FDC Launch Program (FLaP)”, the organization to support commercialization for accelerating the creation of new businesses contributing to regional strategies in Fukuoka metropolitan area.
Since its establishment, FDC has implemented projects such as social experiments to create new businesses and increase visitors, for improvement of regional growths and sustainability as “the hub of East Asia” of business, development and sales by strengthening Fukuoka metropolitan area’s international competitiveness.
With this FLaP establishment, FDC will accelerate business expansion based on Fukuoka such as implementation of open innovation, new business development, overseas expansion and attraction of foreign enterprises starting from more than 150 FDC members.
For the press, it would be appreciated if you could cover this topic as your news.
1.FDC Launch Program（FLaP）’s vision
Make Fukuoka Metropolitan area as a innovation platform and a hub of leading new/international business creation in Japan.
2.FDC Launch Program（FLaP)’s operational policy
Operate FLaP by collaboration with more than 150 FDC members’ network, and with public/ international organization. In the business construction process, FLaP will support commercialization in three phases: “Business modelization” for understanding market, building target acquisition strategies and business model, “Business planning” for detailed examination of service/business model and formulating implementation plan, and “Business Commercialization” for entering the market.
3.FDC Launch Program（FLaP）’s support
Main support menu of FLaP is as below:
1. Business Matching (Business partners/ Business collaboration/ Sales expansion etc.)
2. Pilot (Development of prototype/ Providing pilot field/ Arrangement with locals etc.)
3. Support for funding (Financial institutions/ Venture capitals/ Acceleration funding etc.)
4. Advisory (Business development/ Promotion etc.)
4.FDC Launch Program（FLaP)’s specialty
In addition to the supports mentioned above, FLaP has established a multilayered business support system by combining various business creation programs including FDC members’ network. Current programs are as follows and new programs will be added sequentially.
「Fukuoka Mirai Incubation Program」
Through “Incubation & Innovation Initiative*” which is the business consortium aiming for open innovation by Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation and The Japan Research Institute, Ltd., FLaP will collaborate with the acceleration program “Future”, formulate public-private projects, develop innovative projects as special economic zone, and support creation of innovation in FinTech field.
* The business consortium which Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation and The Japan Research Institute, Ltd., launched in 2016 to support commercialization of highly advanced technologies and business ideas that can be a base for Japan’s growth. Participated by NEC, Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance, Kansai Electric Power, Kodensha, Sumitomo Corporation, Nikko Securities, Shimizu Corporation, Mitsui Chemicals, etc.
5. Contact for this release
Fukuoka Directive Council（Fukuoka D.C.） URL：www.fukuoka-dc.jpn.com/
Toyoshima, Uchiho TEL:092-733-5682 MAIL:email@example.com
You can download the release here.