Smart city Working Group
- Enhancement of the function of Fukuoka Smart City concept
- Strengthening the activities (such as pilot experiments) for project composition
- Information transmission of Fukuoka Smart City concept
2019 Business plan
1. Enhancement of the function of Fukuoka Smart City concept
● To develop and enhance Fukuoka as Smart City, the existing and new subcommittees will discuss following with other working groups:
- - Reflecting on the projects and activities done in 2017 and 2018, the existing subcommittees will be re-organized according to specific themes to aim to implement strategies in 2019
- - Gaining insight into the field of Smart Energy and Blockchain Technology by holding public hearings to consider implementing them in the city
- - Cluster for IoT utilization for conservational renewal of the city
- - Cluster for new system of monetary transaction and security system
- - Healthcare and Wellness Cluster
- - “Hatarakikata kaikaku” (Work-Style Reform) Cluster
Subcommittees of 2019 (April 2019- March 2020)
2. To improve social experiments to create new business by:
● Forming consortiums, planning social experiments, acquiring government incentives
● Making continuous effort to support actualizing the business models with the consortiums
3. To promote “Fukuoka Smart City”, Smart City working group will:
● Actively engage in collaboration with other Smart Cities around the world
- Develop international Smart City network by visiting the cities including Kyoto, Sapporo, Barcelona, Bristol as well as the state of Texas.
What is Fukuoka Smart City?
Fukuoka is the city of global business hub in East Asia with various advanced industries and major export industries’ accumulation. It has some characteristics as below.
- -The Global city with its own various culture and history which attract people around the world to visit. It is the city where is easy to live and work for people from diverse countries.
- -The city ensures a healthy and cultural life for citizens by providing fulfilling environment of education, healthcare, residence and transportation.
-The model city for Japan and East Asia where urban function of safety and convenience coexist with nature through activities for transportation, environment and energy.