Smart city Working Group
- Enhancement of the function of Fukuoka Smart City concept
- Strengthening the activities (such as pilot experiments) for project composition
- Information transmission of Fukuoka Smart City concept
2018 Business plan
1. Strengthening the function of Fukuoka Smart City’ concept
-Examination in collaboration with new section meetings and groups
- ◾️ Based on the efforts of FY 2017, the existing section meetings will integrate or disperse by theme, and promote gradually aiming for social implementation in fiscal 2019
- ◾️ Considering theme by getting new proposals such as in smart energy and new categories (such as reform of working style)
*Examples of themes: utilizing cameras for urban development, cyber security, exchange system of new values, healthcare, wellness, reform of working style etc.
2. Strengthening efforts toward project composition (such as social experiments etc.)
-Aiming for establishing consortiums, planning social experiments, acquire subsidies from governments
-Examining support to accelerate commercialization after consortium composition
3. Information transmission of Fukuoka Smart City concept
-Promotion of networking with other areas (including overseas) with utilizing opportunities such as Kyoto Smart City Expo 2018 *Such as Sapporo, Barcelona, and Bristol
What is Fukuoka Smart City?
Fukuoka is the city of global business hub in East Asia with various advanced industries and major export industries’ accumulation. It has some characteristics as below.
- -The Global city with its own various culture and history which attract people around the world to visit. It is the city where is easy to live and work for people from diverse countries.
- -The city ensures a healthy and cultural life for citizens by providing fulfilling environment of education, healthcare, residence and transportation.
-The model city for Japan and East Asia where urban function of safety and convenience coexist with nature through activities for transportation, environment and energy.